Aren’t veggies awful? Who needs ’em!
I for one, have no business even considering vegetarianism. I love burgers and dogs. My every meal contains some sort of meat. So why eat only veggies? Why now?
Well, to be completely honest thinking about a meatless diet comes as a perfect storm of a variety of influences.
- This creeping uncomfortable feeling around animals that I eat.
- Increasing awareness about the production of meat.
- Increasing disgust of fast-food.
- The stubborn freshman 15 (or 20, but who’s counting, really).
- Interest in survivalism. Living off the land is an important facet of it and having a seafood allergy really limits my survival diet.
- Increasing respect for the local farmer.
So, to be clear, this isn’t some political blog about a guy who is incredibly outraged over the inhumane production of meat. I’m not a member of PETA. I do not throw red paint on furs–or McDonald’s for that matter.
I am not a health and fitness nut. I do not expect to be posting delicious vegetarian recipes. As of right now, I’m not sure they exist, but I digress.
I am not Bear Grylls. I have no interest in eating maggots or my own feces.
Futhermore, vegans who are reading this, if you think for one second that I’m going to start giving up cheese, milk or butter you are completely out of your vegan mind. I respect your decision. Leave mine alone.
No, this blog is designed for me to air out my issues with being (or attempting to be) a vegetarian. This is going to suck, and I’m going to need help.
I hope you’ll enjoy my misery.